Google

Thursday, October 2, 2008

I'm around - I have been doing things!!


Mini quilt - "Cosmos", originally uploaded by jckirner.



Quilting Arts magazine issued a challenge earlier this year to create 5" x 5" mini quilts with recycled theme. This is mine using discards around the studio - tyvek, painted tissue, blueprint on fabric... "Cosmos".








Last weekend I was pleased to participate in Lynn Krawczyk's With One Voice Breaking Traditions Art Quilt exhibit at the American Sewing Expo in Novi, MI. Do check out the website to see all the entries up close and read the many stories behind them. Many thanks to Lynn for all her hard work in curating/hanging this exhibit! With One Voice




But I've also been attacked by traditional piecing!!! Argh! Where'd that come from??? No worries - I'll be chopping these up into potholders soon.



And back in college Drawing class - this is my current project - a Florida Gopher Tortoise, an endangered species locally (habitat loss). I've a few more hours to spend on this before it's done.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by!! Love to read your comments - whether on vintage thrifting or creative stitching!! (Comments are moderated due to high spam lately - sorry!)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails