Google

Saturday, August 30, 2008

Daily drawings


Daily drawings, originally uploaded by jckirner.

Drawing class has begun. We did a beginner's sketch in class to show where we stood. I grabbed a teapot off the studio shelf and did a very tortured version in class, trying to capture glaze nuances.

Here at home I've grabbed my teapots and made some efforts.
Practice - it'll be interesting to see what improvements I'll make over the term!

What I am realizing straight off is the loss of skill in using a sharpenable pencil. Too used to the mechanical pencil or pen with their fixed width tips - or drawing with mouse or stylus online, also with the fixed width. Now manual control is important and mindfulness of the condition of the pencil point. Hey - I'm drawing in analog!! (snicker)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by!! Love to read your comments - whether on vintage thrifting or creative stitching!! (Comments are moderated due to high spam lately - sorry!)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails