Google

Saturday, October 11, 2008

Flawed folky star


Flawed folky star, originally uploaded by jckirner.

I'm declaring this a learning piece. I was wooed by Country Living

magazine's 30th anniversary quilt pattern. Knowing myself to overcommit to projects I restrained the urge to purchase the complete fabric pack. Glad I did that and just bought the pattern. This may be more precise piecing than I want to do. Picking fabrics is the fun part. I don't think I'm up to the repetition and rigid seaming. My engineer brain likes to know the assembly process yet I'm feeling frustrated keeping my stitching on the seam lines.

No more patterns for me - I like the more free form piecing!

3 comments:

  1. I don't follow patterns well, either. I am "capable" of it, but it is fairly torturous for me ... takes all the fun out of my projects. Glad to know I am not the only one ...

    ReplyDelete
  2. free piecing is the way to go.....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Big up the bondaweb!
    piecing is for broken stuff.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!! Love to read your comments - whether on vintage thrifting or creative stitching!! (Comments are moderated due to high spam lately - sorry!)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails