Google

Friday, April 4, 2008

Looking Forward

That's the first piece of fabric I dyed. Irene Munroe presented a workshop at a Weaver's Guild meeting last year - my first exposure to dyeing fabric. I'm enthralled! This is a lovely piece of rayon, one of 3 pieces dyed during that session. I stuck to shades of red and had a nice gradation to work with. Not much left of these pieces now.

This summer I'll head to Tampa Bay to participate in my first ever national convention - Convergence 2008 (Check details on www.weavespindye.org). I'm booked into a dyeing workshop, a mudcloth seminar, a Rwandan coiling seminar, a design seminar and a Gut seminar. All within a 4 day time span. I'm looking forward to it!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by!! Love to read your comments - whether on vintage thrifting or creative stitching!! (Comments are moderated due to high spam lately - sorry!)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails