Google

Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Family sewing box


Family sewing box, originally uploaded by jckirner.


While poking around my supplies looking for an errant box of soldering gear I turned up a packet of sewing goods from my family in the UK. They know I have a love of vintage-y sewing haberdashery and donated some bits from someone's old box.

Love the graphics on the packages!


A war time pack of British Snaps - what made it that? Small quantity and small packaging?

That pink color on the box of name tapes reminds me of old tins of Germoline - an antiseptic cream.

Mending threads - great concept! I've found myself mending some of the daughters items recently. Lots of seams opening after the first wash - quality of manufacture has certainly slipped, and snags and rips to repair from rough play with the dog.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by!! Love to read your comments - whether on vintage thrifting or creative stitching!! (Comments are moderated due to high spam lately - sorry!)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails