Google

Friday, April 17, 2009

color catcher play

Thought I'd show how I played to create the fringe on my latest project!




I save the Color Catchers I use in my laundry. Each load I wash gives a subtly different result and that's interesting.




After a paint session I rolled up a sheet...







...and dunked the end in my dirty brush wash water.




Then a daub in the leftoever paint pallette. Quickly though - 'coz those acrylic paints dry fast.






The paint draws up into the wet fibers - sometimes another dunk in the water and paint is needed to get the flow going.






Lay flat on a plastic covered surface to dry and it's ready to cut, stitch and apply to the project!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by!! Love to read your comments - whether on vintage thrifting or creative stitching!! (Comments are moderated due to high spam lately - sorry!)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails