Google

Tuesday, April 7, 2009

E A J


E A J, originally uploaded by jckirner.

Jude at Spirit Cloth talked in her entry about old embroidery books. I also have Lewis F. Day's "Art in Needlework", bought back in my Embroiderer's Guild days when I needed to know more and the 'right' way to do things. Or perhaps I was looking for justification for the ways I wanted to do things.

At any rate - part of the appeal of old books beyond paper, typeface and content is the wondering about previous owners. Did they use the book? Was it just a dust-gatherer?

Falling out of my copy was this paper with pricked embroidery intials and traces of pounce powder.

3 comments:

  1. cool. mine is signed but i can't really read it. also there are some notes stuck between the pages. can't read those either/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the light coming through the holes in the paper!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beautiful find. I had a library book once with lots of pressed rose petals in it.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!! Love to read your comments - whether on vintage thrifting or creative stitching!! (Comments are moderated due to high spam lately - sorry!)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails