Google

Friday, May 15, 2009

Spotlighting


Spotlighting, originally uploaded by jckirner.







Things transform themselves sometimes. I'm learning to abandon expectations and work with what results.

I experimented with glue gel resist on painters canvas. I used a fabric underneath the canvas to absorb the excess dye - and create another fabric to play with. Not my idea - apparently iro design uses this technique when painting silk scarves - and uses the absorbing canvas to create other items.


Here I've glue-gelled and painted.



Waited for it to dry.



Washed out the glue gel and dried again.



Overdyed the pieces again. Then stitched.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by!! Love to read your comments - whether on vintage thrifting or creative stitching!! (Comments are moderated due to high spam lately - sorry!)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails