Google

Thursday, June 4, 2009

practice


practice, originally uploaded by jckirner.

It's easier on paper. I've been stitching on tracing paper lately and it comes easier to me than free-motion stitching on fabric.


I was getting very tense over this little piece. Trying desperately to follow the red lines of the painted lifeguard chair and fretting over hiding loose ends and generally NOT ENJOYING the process.

So I took out my frustration in the froth surrounding the chair. Much better. Pure bliss in the process. And the fabric bunching up nicely.
Not sure what I think about the vastly varying stitch lengths. That's what practice is all about!!

Now STOP ME if I start attaching the debris I picked up from the beach yesterday!!

1 comment:

Thanks for stopping by!! Love to read your comments - whether on vintage thrifting or creative stitching!! (Comments are moderated due to high spam lately - sorry!)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails