Google

Sunday, August 30, 2009

Seaside swap


Seaside swap, originally uploaded by jckirner.

Fiber Art Trading time again. I'm aiming to participate in one swap per month. This time it was triangles for bunting banners with a seaside theme.

I wanted to play with the feeling of being at the beach. I usually walk the waterline and rarely swim. I like to watch the sun through the waves and the myriad of colors that are produced. My triangles are muslin and batting sandwiches., The water was painted with Setacolor fabric paints and some sunprinting, the sand is batting painted with Jacquard Dynaflows. To give a little more interest I added some word stamping. I tried adding some embellishments, but they looked very hokey.

I'm pleased with the feeling they evoke.

1 comment:

  1. And so you should be pleased; these are awesome. You really captured that walk on the beach feeling.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!! Love to read your comments - whether on vintage thrifting or creative stitching!! (Comments are moderated due to high spam lately - sorry!)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails