Google

Friday, April 8, 2011

Pausing Before I cut

Pausing

Before I cut

to reveal silk

And reveal the silk below.

Design changes on the go!

This is all scrap-craft. Not scrap as in "garbage"! It's more thrifty usage of some handpainted fabric leftovers, and sari silk salvage.

Thrift and salvage is part of my family's history and way-of-doing-things. Pretty typical for those brought up by WWII era folks that lived with rationing and Victory Gardens. Yep - always had a compost heap at the bottom of the garden for creating that 'black gold' dirt. (Heck - my family in the UK still have their Bomb shelter from the war years down in the garden. Now it's a slightly damp tool storage spot.)

But I'm digressing....more on the little bit of salvage craft then...

So here's the thinking that made me pause:  IF this is to be my River Serpent - Protector of the Waters, THEN perhaps the attack is more Vaporous and less like Fire.

Perhaps I'll leave the tissue paper on for awhile and have a think! The white against all the color background just looks good. (except for the hard line where the tissue is in 2 layers). and I think cutting back to reveal the shiny silk will be color over-kill. Maybe. Perhaps. Undecided.

I think I think too much.

Heh heh.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by!! Love to read your comments - whether on vintage thrifting or creative stitching!! (Comments are moderated due to high spam lately - sorry!)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails