Google

Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Take A Stitch Tuesday



I've been feeling the  pull to start hand stitching some creative bits lately. And so I've joined in with Sharon B's Take a Stitch Tuesday 2012.

Each week she chooses an embroidery stitch  which the participants then work in any fashion they choose. All levels of participants can join in - stitch instructions are included on the site, along with some nudges in how to use them in your own designs.

There's a flickr group here, a facebook group here, and a Stitching Fingers group here.

Week one is the Fly Stitch. I've started with some simple overlapping stitches in variegated silks. My background is some Pebeo paint sun-printed muslin leftover from other projects. I kept it simple in a small Sajou embroidery hoop, thinking perhaps I'll work all my efforts this year in this size/format.



Anyone else having a go this year?

1 comment:

  1. Like your fly stitch design, the colors are real pretty and stand out against the fabric.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!! Love to read your comments - whether on vintage thrifting or creative stitching!! (Comments are moderated due to high spam lately - sorry!)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails