Google

Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Take A Stitch Tuesday - Herringbone

Herringbone stitch


Using a more subtle ground cloth than my previous bits on this stitch challenge. This is a familiar stitch for me, herringbone stitch,  and one I've always liked.

And I can now see it's connection to Cretan stitch  - the previous challenge stitch. Perhaps now I'll do Cretan with more confidence!!

Subtle background swirl

I stitched the herringone following the subtle swirl on my ground fabric.
I'd painted this fabric with Dyna-flow paints using a glue gel resist.

I'll do the reverse applique of the multicolored fabric with this stitched piece as before.
Then it's on to this weeks challenge - the chevron stitch!




 
Take A Stitch Tuesday 2012 is an online weekly stitch challenge hosted by Sharon B of Pintangle.


Each week she chooses an embroidery stitch which the participants then work in any fashion they choose. All levels of participants can join in - stitch instructions are included on the site, along with some nudges in how to use them in your own designs.


There's a flickr group here, a facebook group here, and a Stitching Fingers group here.

 
Won't you join in too?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by!! Love to read your comments - whether on vintage thrifting or creative stitching!! (Comments are moderated due to high spam lately - sorry!)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails