Google

Saturday, January 19, 2008

A work day at last!!


45 of 45 complete (overhead)
Originally uploaded by jckirner
Big efforts on housework yesterday and warm weather keeping me in the air conditioning has resulted in a terrific work day.
First chance I've had since Xmas guests converted my workroom into a guest room.

This is most of the top for my quilt entry into the International Fiber Collaborative. An old jacket/blazer that had faded in my friends closet has become perfect roadway for my machine stitched road markings.
I'll be fusing these down next and zigzagging the edges.

My eyes are weary and I'm enthused to get to the next step. Alas, I have a 12 mile run to do tomorrow (weather should be in the 60's - perfect!!) so don't anticipate much effort here until Monday.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Jackie
    Can't find your email address anywhere, so replying here.
    Thanks so much for your comment and visit to my blog! How did you find me? I love your tote bag and the road construction piece.
    I am going to check out the online mags you mentioned - have seen Workshop on the Web, but not the other two.
    I am so envious of you being able to go back to school with your art! - it's a dream of mine - perhaps when my youngest has left home (she's 14 now) I can scale down and live on bread and tea and go study art :)
    Good luck with your studies :)
    Karen

    ReplyDelete
  2. That looks quilt top looks very interesting. Thanks for commenting on my blog - ikea has a fairly limited fabric selection but its really reasonably priced! Definitely worth checking out!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!! Love to read your comments - whether on vintage thrifting or creative stitching!! (Comments are moderated due to high spam lately - sorry!)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails