Google

Saturday, March 29, 2008

Switching over to schoolwork


Faking my way through paper-mache. We're assigned to make a mask - I looked in the shops for a pre-made one to alter, had no luck, so I've created my own.


As with all creations, it has changed since my original idea. The look at the top is cheerful, like the happy side of the drama masks. I'm not hating it. In making it the mask felt more like those medieval death masks I've seen in museums. I chopped it across to show a fragmented life. My slicing line choices created a more cheerful look.


Did I mention that the only other time I've done paper mache was back in 4th grade in the 70's?

And we made a mask.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by!! Love to read your comments - whether on vintage thrifting or creative stitching!! (Comments are moderated due to high spam lately - sorry!)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails