Google

Wednesday, July 8, 2009

A touch of aqua


A touch of aqua, originally uploaded by jckirner.

Scant moments of time today stitching some aqua crosses against this evolving piece. I've stared at it from across the room for a week or so - flicking my eyes from the rack of sewing thread to the over dyed square. The grid was popping out at me - created from a plastic canvas overlay in the blueprints-on-fabric process. Cross-stitches added in reminiscence of times past in counted stitch work.

And with giddy kids around, the elapsed time for making these blue crosses took in surplus of an hour.



Later after a trip to JoAnn's, some play with covered buttons - with the blueprint-on-fabric motifs. I like these!

5 comments:

  1. Excellent beads! Aqua is good!

    ReplyDelete
  2. love the buttons. blue dots, look like shibori. like them alot.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like those buttons too! Very nice!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks everyone. I'm compelled to make more - but first another supplies shopping trip. Now where's my coupon.....

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just found your blog, love your work.
    Sandie at Rag Rescue.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!! Love to read your comments - whether on vintage thrifting or creative stitching!! (Comments are moderated due to high spam lately - sorry!)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails