Google

Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Odd Tuesdays - Inspiration

Yesterday, Sophie of Her Library Adventures shared this video from the Metropolitan Museum of Art's Alexander McQueen exhibit. A great start to the day for inspiration!!



This summer I've been getting together with my creative friends on Odd Tuesday's to make, create and share techniques & ideas. I've selfishly invited them into my home all summer while kids are on school break. I welcome this adult playdate on a consistant basis. I so enjoy my creative friends. (and appreciate their willingness to trek to my home! Thanks folks!)




We're playing with Jacquard's Dye-Na-Flow paints and resists at the moment. (BTW: Dharma Trading has this great class pack of all the Dye-Na-Flow colors with resist, applicator bottles, etc)  Gina shared her last weeks efforts here.
(Belinda, Judy, and Eliza are blogless - for now - nudge, nudge!!!)



I'm continuing my color studies and working with resists in layers...



(Hmmm - perhaps I'll make a few more triangles!!!)

On a side note - I'm one of the "lucky ones" that is experiencing blogger commenting troubles - as in, I can't sign in to leave comments. Blogger has it listed as a known issue and is working on it. Sigh. Just on a week when I'd had all these lovely comments to leave.

1 comment:

  1. What a fabulous video, would LOVE to see the exhibition! Thanks for hosting 'Odd Tuesdays', it's been fun and inspiring. I like how your color study series is coming out, each revealing a little new tidbit about the dyes and resists and each a work of art in itself.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!! Love to read your comments - whether on vintage thrifting or creative stitching!! (Comments are moderated due to high spam lately - sorry!)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails