Google

Monday, September 12, 2011

Imperfect - Thrift Share Monday

Before I get into the good thrifty stuff,
here's a highlight from my weekend...
Bearandbird.com

Tate's comics in Lauderhill, FL has an indie gallery upstairs Bear and Bird. Current feature is Stitch Wars Strikes Back - the second Star Wars in stitch related show.
An enjoyable array of items and techniques with  particularly excellent  needle felted finger puppets of Ewoks and other furry characters.
There's a flickr set of much of the exhibit here.

RockTheStitch.com
Now I'm looking forward to the next exhibit "Creep Cinema" and then later on the RockTheStitch bazaar in the same time frame.

(And that indie gallery is going to be dangerous to my pocketbook!!
 I'll share silly purchases later this week.)

And on to the thrifty finds....

Yet I must admit first to some Imperfect mindsets this morning - it's been one of those bring me to my knees with struggle type of days so far - one where hard, hard "NO's" had to be enforced with family and friends - the type of morning where pushing back against people you love is necessary.
So very difficult....

Flocked Christmas Santas in original packaging
These Santas are very cheerful - probably from the '80's - they're printed both sides too.
Vintage office steno pad and ledger books
I sort of remember stenography - my Mom was learning it for awhile and I'd pick up her workbooks and try it out. Those ledger papers are great for mixed media artwork.
Georges Briard bent glass dish
Perhaps the Persian design - this bent glass tray dish has the Georges Briard signature in gold on white.
Homer Laughlin Best China
Possibly my favorite of the week - Restaurantware from Homer Laughlin - one lonely bowl. Think counter diners, robust china, coffee refills. This bowl makes me want oatmeal or a side of fruit salad!!
Johnson Bros Enfield platter
Full of crazed charm - and certainly imperfect - this Johnson Bros Enfield platter has such delicate little flowers along the edges.

sweet!
Hula Stitch and Vampire Stitch
The Junior Picker's selection - Disney plush variants of Stitch from Lilo and Stitch.
I think I've been in both these moods this morning - gentle and fierce!!

Linking in today with
Apron Thrift Girl

1 comment:

  1. Funny, I spotted a few Steno books on my thrifty travels this weekend too. I was going to pick them up, but they were over-priced considering how many pages were ripped and missing. What a shame.

    <3Jackie @Let's Go Thrifting!
    http://LetsGoThrifting.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!! Love to read your comments - whether on vintage thrifting or creative stitching!! (Comments are moderated due to high spam lately - sorry!)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails