Google

Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Take A Stitch Tuesday - Blanket Stitch

TAST 2012 - Blanket Stitch - week 2

 Screeching in under the wire - I played with the blanket stitch for week 2 of Take A Stitch Tuesday 2012.


Strong sun making sharp shadows here

A piece of colorful batik cotton as my base, I started following the feather imprint to get a feel for the stitch. I used the same silk floss as my sample for week 1.



Sun behind the cloud, the colors photograph with subtlety

But quickly I veered away from the lines before me and started overlapping and varying the size of the stitches.

Medium light - mid tones showing!


I tested out spirals - with spikes going inward, outward, and both!
Most relaxing to stitch was the wiggly line alternating 3 spikes either side in varying lengths.
Pictographs come to mind - those primitive marks carved in rocks long ago.



Take A Stitch Tuesday 2012 is an online weekly stitch challenge hosted by Sharon B of Pintangle.


Each week she chooses an embroidery stitch which the participants then work in any fashion they choose. All levels of participants can join in - stitch instructions are included on the site, along with some nudges in how to use them in your own designs.

There's a flickr group here, a facebook group here, and a Stitching Fingers group here.

Won't you join in too?



1 comment:

Thanks for stopping by!! Love to read your comments - whether on vintage thrifting or creative stitching!! (Comments are moderated due to high spam lately - sorry!)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails